Its time for my March Wrap-up!
(A few days late as I’ve been away this weekend)
March was a bit of a disappointing reading month, a lot of books were just mediocre or not quite as good as I expected and I actually ended up taking a break from reading the past week or so out of frustration. I had two or three books that were good reads, but nothing I really loved.
However, it has been a great month on the blog, with more reviews and several guest posts by authors and the return of Cover Corner, with interviews with the artists and illustrators behind some of my favourite YA covers. I hope you’ll find the time to check these out (see links at the bottom on the post) and make sure to keep an eye out for more in April. I also attended my very first book blogger event – I was invited to a blogger lunch by Hachette where I got to meet fellow book bloggers, author Ruth Warburton and went home with some goodies!
Best of the Bunch in March
Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
Is there ever any doubt that a Marchetta book will always, easily, beat anything else I read in the same month? Looking for Alibrandi was a great read, with a refreshing voice. It’s not my favourite Marchetta, but as always, it’s miles ahead of pretty much most contemporary YA, despite being written twenty years ago. I don’t doubt that I’ll be back to read this again and again in the future, as I do with all her books.
I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
I really enjoyed Kinsella’s latest offering, after having grown bored with her Shopoholic series. I’ve Got Your Number, like all her other books, has yet another ditzy female lead, ridiculous situations and inevitable romance. Nothing new, but it made me smile and was fun to read.
Books Read in March
1. A Rogue by Any Other Name by Sarah MacLean
2. Hex Hall by Rachel Hawkins
3. Numbers by Rachel Ward
4. Scandalous Desires by Elizabeth Holt
5. Grave Mercy by R.L LaFevers
6. Two Way Street by Lauren Barnholdt
7. Breakfast at Darcy’s by Ali McNamara
8. The Rancher and the Rock Star by Lizbeth Selvig
9. When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
10. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
11. Lilah May’s Manic Days by Vanessa Curtis
12. Firespell by Chloe Neill
13. I’ve Got Your Number by Sophie Kinsella
14. May B by Caroline Starr Rose
15. Kiss Crush Collide by Christina Meredith
16. Truth or Dare by P.J Night
17. Looking for Alibrandi by Melina Marchetta
18. Pod by Stephen Wallenfels
19. Witchstruck by Victoria Lamb
*Click on the links to read my reviews*
A Witch in Winter by Ruth Warburton
The Book of Blood and Shadow by Robin Wasserman
The Court Painter’s Apprentice by Richard Knight
Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
A Hen in the Wardrobe by Wendy Meddour
Vixen (Flappers) by Jillian Larkin
Guest Posts and Author Interviews